[ensembl-dev] Ensembl downtime, Fri 4th July to Sun 6th July

Steve Trevanion steve at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Jul 1 17:24:15 BST 2014

Dear all,

Hinxton based Ensembl websites and the public MySQL server
(ensembldb.ensembl.org) will be unavailable from 1500h GMT on Friday the
4th July for essential maintenance within the Sanger Data centre. We aim
to be able to restore the services by 1300h GMT on Sunday the 6th July.
Other resources such as the FTP site and the REST server
(rest.ensembl.org) will be unaffected. Our mirror sites - the public
MySQL server (useastdb.ensembl.org) and websites(useast.ensembl.org,
uswest.ensembl.org and asia.ensembl.org) - will be available as usual,
although BLAST/BLAT searches, VEP queries and user logins from the
mirror websites will be unavailable during this period. We expect a
similar shut down to be necessary on the weekend of the 18th - 20th July
but will post more details later. Apologies for any inconvenience that
this causes.

Regards,

Steve