[ensembl-dev] Ensembl versions diffing tool

Kiran Mukhyala mukhyala at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 22:51:22 GMT 2014

Hello,

I am looking for a way to summarize the differences between two versions of
Ensembl databases for a given species.
Specifically things like the total number of genes, how many gene models
have changed, number of genes with PFAM domains, number of protein coding
genes, number of variations from various sources, number of homologs in
species X etc.

I am aware of two ways to do this:

1. By reading the release details page for each version that I am
interested in, which doesn't really give me the numbers I am looking for.
2. Using Ensembl healthcheck which I assume is hard to customize.

Are there any other tools for accomplishing this? If not, would a tool like
that be useful to anyone else?

Thanks,
-Kiran