[ensembl-dev] Schema patch for ensembl ontology 71 -> 72

Jan Vogel jan.vogel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 07:58:25 GMT 2014

Hi,

again. some patching issues - I try to patch an ensembl-ontology  67 db to 74.

There are issues with the patch_71_72_e.sql patch  - the table TERM does not exist ( but term ) - attached a patch file for the patch.

Also, some other changes are missing ( there are no patch files for 67-> 68, 68->69, 69->70, 70->71 ).

I've listed the changes below but haven't run any tests with the 74 api for this. Did anyone else do ? How does this work with the new ontology_id column in the relation and closure tables ?

Maybe I should consider just downloading the new ontology 74 db …

Regards,

   Jan Vogel

File :  ensembl-74/ensembl/misc-scripts/ontology/sql/patch_71_72_e.sql

ALTER TABLE TERM ADD COLUMN is_obsolete INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

-- Patch identifier
INSERT INTO meta (meta_key, meta_value)   VALUES ('patch', 'patch_71_72_e.sql|is_obsolete');

Additional changes from 67 -> 74 which are not in patch files:

table term is missing the "is_root" column :

ALTER TABLE term ADD COLUMN is_root INT NOT NULL DEFAULT 0;

table relation and table closure is missing ontology_id column and subsequently the indexes have to be updated:

ALTER TABLE relation ADD COLUMN ontology_id INT UNSIGNED NOT  NULL;
ALTER TABLE closure  ADD COLUMN ontology_id INT UNSIGNED NOT  NULL;

DROP INDEX child_parent_idx ON relation;
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX child_parent_idx ON relation   (child_term_id, parent_term_id, relation_type_id, intersection_of, ontology_id) ;

DROP INDEX child_parent_idx ON closure;
CREATE UNIQUE INDEX child_parent_idx ON closure    (child_term_id, parent_term_id, subparent_term_id, ontology_id)  ;