[ensembl-dev] GERP $conservation_score->diff_score()

Benoît Ballester benoit.ballester at inserm.fr
Mon Feb 17 10:37:51 GMT 2014

Hi Compara,

Could someone from Compara explains/confirms what $gerp->diff_score returns, it isn't clear to me form the perl doc ?

From what I understand it returns a value that correspond to (Gerp Expected - Gerp Observed). Is that right ?

However I am confused by the "can be either packed or space delimited " and "$conservation_score->diff_score("1.85 -2.54 1.56");". I am expecting just one value to be returned : the difference between Expected - Observed. So why multiple values in the example ?

Finally, is this Gerp diff_score value the value that is displayed on Gerp track in Contigview/Region in detail ?

Thanks,

Ben

--
Benoît Ballester, PhD