[ensembl-dev] Error when using variation set adaptor

Nazmiye Uzun n.uzun at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Thu Dec 4 13:08:17 GMT 2014

Dear developers

I am trying to test below code snippet provided on the
variation_tutorial page to display attributes of the variations in a
particular variation set. Here's a section of the code from the
following page;

http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/api/variation/variation_tutorial.html#variation_sets

my $vs_adaptor = $registry->get_adaptor('human','variation','variationset');
my $vs = $vs_adaptor->fetch_by_short_name('ph_variants');

my $limit = 10;
my $fetched = 0;
my $it = $vs->get_Variation_Iterator();

# Get the first 10 examples and print some data from them
   while ($fetched < $limit && $it->has_next()) {

     # Print the name of the variation
     my $var = $it->next();
     printf("\t\%s has been found to be associated with:\n",$var->name());

     #
     # Do more
     #

     $fetched++;
   }

However, I receive the following error:
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'v.display' in 'where
clause' at
-----/src/ensembl-variation/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/Variation/DBSQL/VariationAdaptor.pm line
1173.

The version of the API I'm using is 77.

I appreciate any input. Thanks for the help in advance.

Regards
Naz