[ensembl-dev] Ensembl downtime, weekend of 15th to 17th August

Steve Trevanion steve at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 17:32:48 BST 2014

Dear all,

Hinxton based Ensembl websites (www.ensembl.org) and the public MySQL
server (ensembldb.ensembl.org) will be unavailable next weekend from
1600h GMT on Friday the 15th August. This is to allow essential
maintenance within the Sanger Data centre to occur. We aim to be able to
restore the services by 1700h GMT on Sunday the 17th August. Other
resources such as the FTP site and the REST server (rest.ensembl.org)
will be unaffected. Our mirror sites - the public MySQL server
(useastdb.ensembl.org) and websites (useast.ensembl.org,
uswest.ensembl.org and asia.ensembl.org) - will be available as usual,
although BLAST/BLAT searches, VEP queries and user logins from the
mirror websites will be unavailable during this period.

Apologies for any inconvenience that this causes.

Steve