[ensembl-dev] Nexus/Phylip file of sequenced species

Matthieu Muffato muffato at ebi.ac.uk
Wed Apr 16 14:30:07 BST 2014

Hi Álvaro,

Compara stores a few species tree in
ensembl-compara/scripts/pipeline/species_tree.*.nw in Newick format.

species_tree.eukaryotes.topology.nw is a binary tree with all the
species that we have in Ensembl, and without branch lengths.

The 3 species_tree.*.branch_len.nw files are also binary trees, but this
time with branch lengths computed from our multiple alignments. Again,
the species there are only the ones that we have in Ensembl

If you're interested in fish / sauropsids, we have an updated version on
the master branch, that fixes the position of the root node

Hope this helps,
Matthieu