[ensembl-dev] Ensembl Pre! site with new Human GRCh38, Amazon molly, crab-eating macaque and hedgehog now available!

Rhoda Kinsella rhoda at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 16:20:30 BST 2014

Dear all,
We are pleased to announce that the initial annotation of the new human assembly, GRCh38, is now live on Ensembl Pre! http://pre.ensembl.org/Homo_sapiens/Info/Index/

Highlights of GRCh38 Pre! include:
Preliminary gene set including annotation on alternative loci (e.g. MHC haplotypes, LRC region)
Centromeres covering 2% of the genome
GENCODE 19 models mapped from e!75 (i.e. from GRCh37)
CCDS models mapped from e!75
RefSeq annotation release 106 models
Human-specific cDNA and EST alignments
Computed consequences of variants overlapping an Ensembl transcript using the projected Ensembl gene set (Download GVF and VCF files from Pre! FTP site)
Computed consequences for variants overlapping NCBI’s RefSeq transcripts (Download GVF and VCF files from Pre! FTP site)
Pre! site has been updated to use Solr search

In addition to human we're pleased to announce that we also have Pre! sites available for amazon molly, crab-eating macaque and hedgehog.

Keep an eye out for further GRCh38 annotation updates by checking the blog category GRCh38.

The Ensembl Pre! blog post with details about the GRCh38 annotation can be viewed here: http://www.ensembl.info/blog/2014/04/07/pre-site-for-the-new-human-assembly-grch38-is-live/

We'll be running a free 20 minute webinar about the data on Ensembl Pre! on Wed 16 April at 4PM BST.  To register, click on the following link:  https://attendee.gototraining.com/r/8084872084204567809

Regards,
Rhoda