[ensembl-dev] Dev Digest, Vol 39, Issue 26

Denise Carvalho-Silva denise at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Sep 27 09:49:54 BST 2013

Hi Ed,

We do not need to change the default configuration.

You can just search for a gene, go to the Location tab, click on Region
Comparison at the left hand side, click on Select species or regions (blue
button at the bottom of the page, on the left) and choose the species to
display.

If I choose human, this is what I get:

http://useast.ensembl.org/Sus_scrofa/Location/Multi?db=core;g=ENSSSCG00000000712;r=5:67005340-67078256;r1=12:6129631-6202547:-1;s1=Homo_sapiens

Can you get something similar to this at all?

However if you want a blue line connecting the human gene and its pig
counterpart, you do need to configure the page. More details on how to do
that should be in here:

http://www.ensembl.org/Help/View?id=225

Cheers,
Denise