[ensembl-dev] Ensembl API Version 72: Supported Species

Dan Staines dstaines at ebi.ac.uk
Mon Sep 9 19:47:55 BST 2013

On 09/09/2013 07:19 PM, Alexander Pico wrote:
> Great. I figured you meant something else…  The verbose flag lists
> the loaded species as 'solanum_lycopersicum', while I was calling it
> without the underscore, which works in most cases.  Why do only
> certain species require this underscore? Makes scripting across
> multiple species awkward. Is there a consistent pattern/rule here?

Hmm, not sure whats going on here! Each species (including Ensembl
Genomes) has multiple names and aliases associated with it, including
versions with and without underscores, but for some reason Solanum
lycopersicum and Glycine max aren't being found using these names. I'll
investigate and get back to you.

Dan.

--
Dan Staines, PhD