[ensembl-dev] Bacteria Collections

Alexander Pico apico at gladstone.ucsf.edu
Sat Sep 7 01:52:49 BST 2013

If I understand correctly, after release 16, bacteria collections are now grouped into numbered sets. So, where I used to be able to download the mysql database for escherichia coli_str_k_12_substr_mg1655 directly, now I have to download bacteria_22_collection_core, which contains records for hundreds of organisms.  Is that right?  Is there any way to just download a database for a single bacterial species?

Old collections:
ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/bacteria/release-16/mysql/

New collections:
ftp://ftp.ensemblgenomes.org/pub/bacteria/release-19/mysql/

Thanks!
- Alex