[ensembl-dev] API function for searching by gene name changed?

Dan Staines dstaines at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Oct 4 17:38:04 BST 2013

On 10/04/2013 05:00 PM, Dan Staines wrote:
> Thanks, I'll look into it and get back to you.

I'm not entirely sure why this worked before, but you should try
switching to using fetch_all_by_display_label instead of
fetch_all_by_external_name. The former looks explicitly at the gene name
assigned to the gene, whilst the latter looks through all associated
cross-references, of which the gene name isn't strictly one in this case
(Ensembl & EnsemblGenomes diverge in usage here for various reasons).

Let me know if this fixes your problems.

Thanks,

Dan.

--
Dan Staines, PhD