[ensembl-dev] Wild-type variation allele from 1000 genomes

Guillermo Marco Puche guillermo.marco at sistemasgenomicos.com
Tue Nov 5 14:18:03 GMT 2013

Dear devs,

I know at this moment VEP script offers population frecuencies from 1000
genomes project, which is awesome.

I would like to know if it's possible to retrieve the "wild-type allele"
from 1000 genomes project for each variation position. As you may know
variation allele may be biased due to the human reference we use (it's
very uncommon but it does happen).

I don't know if this information is included in ensembl database or is
going to be introduceded in near future.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Guillermo.