[ensembl-dev] VEP not showing available cell types

Siddharth Sethi s.sethi at har.mrc.ac.uk
Tue May 14 14:55:37 BST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to get the available cell types for Humans, but VEP is not printing the cell types when used -cell_type list

ERROR: cell type list not recognised; available cell types are:

This is command :
perl EnsemblAPI_71/ensembl-tools/scripts/variant_effect_predictor/variant_effect_predictor.pl --cache -species homo_sapiens --regulatory -cell_type list

Also,  it prints : Database will be accessed when using --regulatory; consider using the complete cache containing regulatory data.
Can you please tell me what is the complete cache. I downloaded the cache files using the installer , so it should not access the database for regulatory.

Thank you.

Regards,
Sid

This email may have a PROTECTIVE MARKING, for an explanation please see: http://www.mrc.ac.uk/About/Informationandstandards/Documentmarking/index.htm