[ensembl-dev] EnsemblGenomes bacteria couldn't startup

陈岗 danielchen06 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 11:58:54 BST 2013

Hi Ensembl developers

I couldn't startup bacteria service correctly, the other services work
perfectly.

When first time run the command: /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd -d
/usr/local/ensembl_bacteria
The server infor shows up as normal, but the file ensembl.httpd.pid doesn't
exist in the directory logs and can't open the home page. The start process
takes almost 2 hours.

So I have to start web server again. The second round returns a error
message:
' (98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
0.0.0.0:8899 '
In this time, the file ensembl.httpd.pid is created, and home page shows up.
However, only gene info can display,other data totally dispear.

In error_log, there are two major error messages:
1.
 For ensemblgenomes_ontology_18_71 there is a difference in the software
release (71) and the database release (18). You should update one of these
to ensure that your script does not crash.

We keep both of Ensembl and Genomes databases on a same DB server. Does it
cause the problem?

2.
[Tue May 14 18:25:15 2013] (6126) Apache2::SizeLimit httpd process too big,
exiting at SIZE=1117712 KB SHARE=4156 KB UNSHARED=1113556 REQUESTS=2
LIFETIME=0 seconds

The entire error_log is attached with this mail.

need youe help.
Thanks million!

--
Gang Chen