[ensembl-dev] Ensembl release 72 is out!

Hiram Clawson hiram at soe.ucsc.edu
Mon Jun 24 17:53:35 BST 2013

Good Morning EnsGene Fans:

I'm noting an unusual characteristic of this release compared to previous
releases.  Normally, a new release has several assemblies that have updated
their gene predictions.  Many assembly gene predictions remain the same
from one release to the next.

In this release 72 I'm seeing all assemblies have updated at least
some gene predictions.  I'm wondering if maybe my tools here have
broken or changed, or is this actually true that I would find at
least some gene predictions in each assembly have changed in this release ?

--Hiram