[ensembl-dev] The synonyms of several genes could not be successfully retrieved

nk10936 at yahoo.com.tw nk10936 at yahoo.com.tw
Wed Jun 19 03:10:28 BST 2013

Hello,
I am new to the Ensembl APIs and got one question
about using Ens. Perl APIs to retrieve the synonyms for genes.
Through the methods “Bio::EnsEMBL::DBEntry::get_all_synonyms()”
and “Bio::EnsEMBL::DBEntry::display_id()”, I noticed that the synonyms of several
genes could not be successfully retrieved.
For instance, as I used the keyword “FLJ25421” to query the Ens. site, the result showed it could be matched
to the gene “ENTHD1”; however, I failed to get the synonym “FLJ25421” if I used the two methods described above to dump the
synonyms.

I was wondering in which table of the human database this
sort of information was deposited, and which APIs I could use in order to
gather all synonyms for genes. So sorry for bothering you with this beginner’s
question and any kind of suggestions and help will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Chester