[ensembl-dev] Fwd: Queries regarding Rest API

Taruna Kewalya kewalyataruna at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 06:32:33 BST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Taruna Kewalya <kewalyataruna at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 6:05 PM
Subject: Queries regarding Rest API
To: dev at ensembl.org

Hello
I am Taruna Kewalya, student of B.Tech.Bioinformatics, doing a research on
Gene-Transcript data, so for my research I want to know details about the
information given in features present in rest API version 1.3.2. For
example- I took EGFR gene and found many attributes in its API. This is the
link I have for my work
http://beta.rest.ensembl.org/feature/id/ENSG00000146648?feature=exon;content-type=application/json
.
I want to know the detailed meaning of ensembl1_phase, start, end, rank,
ensembl_end_phase, strand (constitutive). Also I will be grateful if you
tell me about the interpretation of the above link.
Thanking you