[ensembl-dev] Stock images of plant species in public domain

Sam Seaver samseaver at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 16:15:55 BST 2013

Dear Ensembl,

This is a bit off topic, but I wasn't sure where to email this given
there's only two email addresses listed at the "Contact Us" page.

I'm putting together a website and a poster that, in part, describes our
use of several genomes from Ensembl Plants.  The Ensembl Plants website has
thumbnail images that it uses for each species, and I take it that these
are in the public domain?

However, these images are still small, especially for a poster, and I'm
writing to ask if Ensembl maintains a set of photographs for plant species
that are available for researchers to use?  I can find images for each
species online, but I'm constantly frustrated by the fact that better
quality images are not in the public domain.

Thanks
Sam Seaver

--
Postdoctoral Fellow