[ensembl-dev] Extracting all GOslim-goa (or GO) annotations for every ENSG.

Elena Grassi grassi.e at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 13:05:52 BST 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM,  <mr6 at ebi.ac.uk> wrote:
> If you look at the documentation for the 'get_all_object_xrefs' method, it
> says 'Retrieves xrefs for this gene.  This does *not* include xrefs that
> are associated with the transcripts or corresponding translations of this
> gene'

Wooops! I noticed this in the DB structure then I forgot that this
could influence also the API usage :/
Thanks (I should have thought about all the get_all different methods there...).

> If you are also interested in the whole ontology graphs, you can make use
> of the OntologyTermAdaptor.
> For a given ontology accession, which you would get as a result of the
> previous calls, you can use fetch_all_by_parent_term or
> fetch_all_by_children_term.

Perfect, this should fix everything.
I thought that  this was already happening as long as I see genes
associated with biological_process and other base level terms.

E.