[ensembl-dev] Missing bacteria in ensembl genomes databases?

PATERSON Trevor trevor.paterson at roslin.ed.ac.uk
Mon Feb 18 12:55:31 GMT 2013

Hi

the EnsemblGenomes/bacteria website lists 6013 species on http://bacteria.ensembl.org/info/about/species.html

but on examining the public mysql databases at mysql.ebi.ac.uk:4157

as far as I can tell  the 22 databases  [ bacteria_1( to 24) _collection_core_17_70_1 ] have details on only 5348 separate species

there would appear to be at least two databases missing

bacteria_3 _collection_core_17_70_1
bacteria_20 _collection_core_17_70_1

- or maybe I am failing to understand the collections properly

for example 'Acidilobus saccharovorans 345-15' Is listed on the website - but I am having difficulty finding it in the database

cheers

trevor

Trevor Paterson PhD
trevor.paterson at roslin.ed.ac.uk<mailto:trevor.paterson at roslin.ed.ac.uk>
Bioinformatics
The Roslin Institute
Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
University of Edinburgh
Easter Bush
Midlothian
EH25 9RG
Scotland UK

phone +44 (0)131 651 9157

http://bioinformatics.roslin.ed.ac.uk/

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland with registration number SC005336
Disclaimer:This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed. If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and inform the sender.