[ensembl-dev] Error connecting to MySQL

Paul Linehan linehanp at tcd.ie
Thu Dec 19 13:36:47 GMT 2013

Hi all,

I'm new to the Ensembl, so please forgive me if this question is
misplaced.

I've just downloaded and installed the Ensembl MySQL database for C. elegans.

I was wondering if it's possible to generate GFF3 files from this data
automatically using Java (has to be Java)?

I know that there is GTF available here:
http://www.ensembl.org/info/data/ftp/index.html

And a script (with caveats!) available here:
http://gmod.org/wiki/GFF (but in Perl!)

What I was wondering, if there a JEnsembl/BioJava (or other) tool for
generating GFF3 files from the data in an Ensembl database?

Any ideas, refs, URLs, suggestions appreciated.

Paul...

linehanp at tcd.ie

Mob: 00 353 86 864 5772