[ensembl-dev] VEP script Warnings

Duarte Molha duartemolha at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 09:57:17 GMT 2013

Dear Developers,

I believe this is more a question for Will but feel free to educate me if
what I am saying makes no sense :-)

I read and develop my analysis scripts in Eclipse and it seems there are 2
lines on the VEP script that trigger warnings in eclipse:

        # copy to Slice for offline sequence fetching
        $Bio::EnsEMBL::Slice::config = $config;

and

    # cluck and display executed SQL?
    $Bio::EnsEMBL::DBSQL::StatementHandle::cluck = 1 if
defined($config->{cluck});

Warnings:

Name "Bio::EnsEMBL::Slice::config" used only once: possible typo

and

Name "Bio::EnsEMBL::DBSQL::StatementHandle::cluck" used only once: possible
typo

Are these statements really required if there are not used anywhere else in
the script?

Best regards

Duarte

     Duarte Miguel Paulo Molha