[ensembl-dev] VEP Extra output information

Guillermo Marco Puche guillermo.marco at sistemasgenomicos.com
Tue Apr 16 12:58:59 BST 2013

Hello,

I'm in need to develop some extra features for VEP.

My input files are in VCF format and also my output.

But I want to add several additional columns for extra data at the VCF out.

For example,AA conservation score, Biobase description, Biobase link,
MAF populations, Flanking sequence, Gene description, InterPro_ID and more..

I've been reading the documents and I'm a bit confused about "Custom
annotations".
I think since the data I want is extra on the output and not in the
input, what I should do is develop several Plugins to obtain all the
values I need.

I think most of them can be obtained through the Ensembl API even if I'm
new to this. Other will require more hard coding.

I hope someone can clarify me a bit on this matter.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Guillermo.