[ensembl-dev] Ensembl workshops in Western US 2013

bert at ebi.ac.uk bert at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Sep 18 11:05:31 BST 2012

The Ensembl Outreach team is currently looking into the possibility of
giving browser and / or API workshops in the Western US in 2013. Ideally,
this would be after the Plant and Animal Genome Conference in San Diego
(12-16 January), so in the second half of January.

Our workshops are highly interactive and consist of presentations and lots
of hands-on exercises. The ideal group size is between 20-30 participants
for a browser workshop and between 10-20 participants for an API workshop.

We don't charge academic institutions any fee for our workshops, but we
expect the host to pay for our instructor's expenses (i.e. accommodation,
travel and subsistence).

If you are potentially interested in hosting a workshop or want more
information, please contact me at bert at ebi.ac.uk.

With kind regards,
Bert

--
Bert Overduin, Ph.D.
Vertebrate Genomics Team

EMBL - European Bioinformatics Institute
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton, Cambridge CB10 1SD
United Kingdom

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~bert