[ensembl-dev] How to get all genes having a specific interpro domain

JiangMei gingerplum at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 12 03:11:00 BST 2012

Hi All. Sorry to bother you.

I want to fetch all genes having a specific interpro domain in multiple species. My script is shown in the following:

use Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry;
my $registry = 'Bio::EnsEMBL::Registry';
$registry->load_registry_from_db(
      -host       =>'ensembldb.ensembl.org',
      -user       =>'anonymous',
      -db_version =>'67');

my $gene_adaptor=$registry->get_adaptor( 'multi', 'Core', 'Gene' );
my @genes=@{$gene_adaptor->fetch_all_by_domain('IPR000047')};
for $gene(@genes){
    print $gene->stable_id,"\n";
}

It seems it is not right to use 'multi' (in red) here. My question is how to define multiple species?

Wish your help! Thanks very much! I really appreciate it.

Best wishes,

Mei