[ensembl-dev] Translations

Sam Seaver samseaver at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 15:45:16 BST 2012

Dear Arnaud,

Apparently these embedded stop codons were found in a few sequences in
O. sativa and V. vinifera.  There was a miscommunication and by
"ignored", my colleague actually meant '*'.

However, your email provokes another question, how do you define
whether a stop codon actually belongs to another amino acid such as
Selenocystein.  Is this a case where, for the species, every instance
of TGA is known to belong to Selenocystein?

Thanks
Sam

--
Postdoctoral Fellow