[ensembl-dev] virtual machine update/ensembl API

Will McLaren wm2 at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 14:08:32 GMT 2012

Hi Juha,

You shouldn't need to no, the version of BioPerl that the Ensembl API uses
has been stable for a long time.

There is one proviso to this - if you intend on using the --fasta option
with the VEP and a large (>4gig unpacked) FASTA file, then you should
install the latest (>=1.6) version of BioPerl in place since it fixes a bug
in handling these large files.

Regards

Will