[ensembl-dev] registry verbosity output to STDERR

Duarte Molha Duarte.Molha at ogt.co.uk
Tue May 29 14:02:09 BST 2012

Dear Developers

I have been creating some scripts with the registry verbosity parameter ON and I just realised that this makes the connection output information be sent to STDout.
It there a way of making those only those messages output to STDerr and the rest of the script output to SDTOUT or do I have to manually redirect STDOUT to STDerr at the database connection point on the script and then revert back to normal after the connection?

It seems to me that it would be a nice feature to have if we could set a parameter for specifying to where the verbosity messages are being sent.

Duarte Molha