[ensembl-dev] Modules needed for apache

Asela Dassanayake aseladassanayake at gmail.com
Fri May 4 00:48:41 BST 2012

 Hi,

I am a newbie and had some problems with Apache modules when trying to
install and kick_start the ensembl server. Most of you definitely have got
this sorted. But I am posting this for new comers. Hope this helps.
Following are the Apache modules that need to be loaded...Maybe more are
needed but this set worked for me. Just cut paste this onto the httpd.conf

<IfModule !perl_module>
</IfModule>
<IfModule !deflate_module>
LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !headers_module>
LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !expires_module>
LoadModule expires_module modules/mod_expires.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !log_config_module>
LoadModule log_config_module modules/mod_log_config.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !authz_host_module>
LoadModule authz_host_module modules/mod_authz_host.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !alias_module>
LoadModule alias_module modules/mod_alias.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !auth_file_module>
LoadModule authn_file_module modules/mod_authn_file.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !env_module>
LoadModule env_module modules/mod_env.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !autoindex_module>
LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !mime_module>
LoadModule mime_module modules/mod_mime.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !negotiation_module>
LoadModule negotiation_module modules/mod_negotiation.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !setenvif_module>
LoadModule setenvif_module modules/mod_setenvif.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !status_module>
LoadModule status_module modules/mod_status.so
</IfModule>
<IfModule !dir_module>
LoadModule dir_module modules/mod_dir.so
</IfModule>

Asela