[ensembl-dev] Position available in Ensembl Genebuild team at Sanger
searle at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Jun 22 14:30:50 BST 2012
We currently have a position open in Ensembl at the Wellcome Trust
Sanger Institute in the Ensembl Genebuild Team working on automatic
Senior Bioinformatician (Ensembl Developer)
We are seeking a highly motivated bioinformatics developer to join the
Ensembl genebuild team. The bioinformatician will work as part of a
team and their responsibilities will include:
• Producing automatic gene annotation on chordate species using
the Ensembl genome annotation system;
• Maintaining core annotation and transcriptome MySQL databases
for the Ensembl releases;
• Extending existing methods and developing new methods to handle
new data types;
• Using transcriptome data to generate and improve gene annotation;
• Liaising with other members of the Ensembl team and support for
• Teaching on Ensembl Perl API courses and presentations at
The genebuild team is responsible for producing, maintaining and
improving automatic gene annotation on chordate species. All members
of the team take part in the production of each new annotation
release, with each person being responsible for taking particular
genomes from the raw unannotated assembly to a fully annotated genome
ready for display in Ensembl. Members of the team are involved in both
internal and external collaborations.
Further details of this position can be found via the above link.
If you have questions about this position you can contact me (searle at sanger.ac.uk
). All applications should be made via the link above.
The closing date for the position is 12th July.
More information about the Dev