[ensembl-dev] Database names?

Maury Markowitz maury.markowitz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 18:22:58 BST 2012

I'm trying to connect to the Ensembl database using ODBC, and because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'm doing so from the Mac. I have installed the 64-bit MySQL ODBC drivers and built a DSN pointing to ensembldb.ensembl.org.

Opening the connection appears to work, at least it does not return any errors from the ODBC driver. However, I am not attached to a particular DB when this happens. This is likely something simple in my DSN setup, so I went looking for a list of DB names so I could manually "USE xxx" to get properly connected...

...and I couldn't find such a thing. There's documentation on the tables, but nothing on the actual DB names in the public server?