[ensembl-dev] Querying E. Coli strains from Ensembl Bacteria Release 12

Harold Rodriguez harold.rodriguez at utoronto.ca
Thu Jul 26 19:07:45 BST 2012

Hi,

I'm using Ensembl Bacteria Release 12 and I want to retrieve records (such as Ensembl Gene IDs) that are specific to E. Coli K-12 using SQL queries (no API). I've noticed that Ensembl lumps all the E. Coli strains into one database, escherichia_shigella_collection_core_12_65_5. Is there a specific table or field that I can use to identify if an Ensembl Gene ID belongs to K-12 or some other strain?

Thanks,
Harold Rodriguez