[ensembl-dev] Some Issues on Variation v64

Ma, Man Chun John manchunjohn-ma at uiowa.edu
Wed Oct 12 17:56:05 BST 2011

Hi,

I just tried to make a script to make extract Variation synonyms from v64, and encountered the following issues:

1.  Variation::get_VariationFeature_by_dbID didn't seem to work using the following segment:

my $va=$registry->get_adaptor('rat','variation','variation');
my $vfa=$registry->get_adaptor('rat','variation','variationfeature');

print "Input: ENSRNOSNP971187\n";
my $one_snp=$va->fetch_by_name("ENSRNOSNP971187");
print "Ensembl Official name:", $one_snp->name, "\n";
my @synonyms=@{$one_snp->get_all_synonyms};
foreach (@synonyms){print "Synonym: ",$_, "\n";}
my $one_vf=$one_snp->get_VariationFeature_by_dbID;

which throwed: