[ensembl-dev] Question about variant effect predictor/Condel

Mark Aquino aquinom85 at me.com
Mon Nov 28 15:53:55 GMT 2011

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to get functional predictions for entire codon swaps  (to easily get a score for any of the 19 non-reference AAs at any codon) using the variant effect predictor? My assumption, and through trying to insert a whole codon into a VCF and running VEP on that site, is that the answer is no but I wanted to double check, and perhaps see if it would be possible in the future or if it's simply unfeasible.

Best,
Mark