[ensembl-dev] adding a new specie

oreetseng at sanbi.ac.za oreetseng at sanbi.ac.za
Mon Nov 7 17:52:05 GMT 2011

Hi all ,

I want to add a new specie to the ensembl local core database, i have
configured all the important files as per ensembl documentation guide.

On the front page the local mirror, my_specie picture shows, but unlike
other fungal species there is no name next to the picture and when i click
on the picture the error appears that reads: "Search
.Runtime Error in component "EnsEMBL::Web::Component::Info::Summary
[content]"
Function EnsEMBL::Web::Component::Info::Summary fails to execute due to
the following error:
Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at
fungi/modules/EnsEMBL/Web/Document/HTML/HomeSearch.pm line 80 "

on the taillog the error reads as follows:
multi is not a valid species name for this instance
Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at
/fungi/modules/EnsEMBL/Web/Document/HTML/HomeSearch.pm line 80.
Use of uninitialized value $common in hash element at
fungi/eg-plugins/common/modules/EnsEMBL/Web/Document/HTML/SpeciesPage.pm
line 39.

Can anyone please help/advise me on how resolve this,
Thank you,
Oreetseng.