[ensembl-dev] core schema pdf

Patrick Meidl pmeidl at cemm.oeaw.ac.at
Tue Mar 29 08:06:34 BST 2011

On Mon, Mar 28 2011, Matthew Astley <mca at sanger.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 09:08:54PM +0000, William Spooner wrote:
>
> > and finally use SQL fairy to generate a PDF;
> >   http://sqlfairy.sourceforge.net/
[...]
> A colleague showed me his results from MySQL Workbench,
>   http://wb.mysql.com
[...]
> I produced my diagram with DbVisualizer (zero-price edition from
> http://www.dbvis.com/) and shovelled tables and edges around by hand,
> after starting with whichever automatic layout looked best.

just to add another useful tool to generate the graph:

http://www.squirrelsql.org/

it's a java program so works on most platforms. if your schema has FK
relations defined, it will generate a graph automatically which you can
then re-arrange manually by dragging tables to get a nice layout.

cheers

    patrick

--
Patrick Meidl, Mag.