[ensembl-dev] Attaching BAM sources

Nick Langridge nickl at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Mar 24 14:20:24 GMT 2011

Hi Fedor,

This may not be relevant, but we had a segfault problem with samtools in
the past when the http_proxy environment variable is not set correctly.
If your server uses http_proxy make sure to set the following in
SiteDefs.pm:

$SiteDefs::SAMTOOLS_HTTP_PROXY = 'http://your.proxy.com';

> And this does not help me with ENSEMBL_INTERNAL_BAM_SOURCES section.
The following example would add a BAM track that will be listed under
the Information menu in the Main Panel tab when configuring your data.

[ENSEMBL_INTERNAL_BAM_SOURCES]
CTRL = information

[CTRL]
name        = CTRL
description = Control cDNA tag library from David et al. (2010)
url         = /path/to/bam/files/CTRL.fastq.sorted.bam
display     = normal

Cheers,
Nick