[ensembl-dev] BLAST

Dr Jane Mabey Gilsenan jane.gilsenan at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 11:02:27 BST 2011

Hi All

I'm having trouble setting up BLAST on v59 though I should say I'm upgrading to v62. I trying to get it working so I can test it out before going live with v62. I have edited the various files in my public-plugins/mirror/conf as directed by http://www.ensembl.org/info/docs/webcode/install/blast.html but I'm having two problems. When I select the database to BLAST against I get all the default sets when I should just have LATESTGP, CDNA_ALL and PEP_ALL and even then with the labels - Genomics sequence, cDNAs and Peptides that I have set up in [BLAST_DATASOURCES].

The other issue is the BSUB queuing system on a remote cluster. I don't have this system installed and I just want to try running BLAST on the local server - it there a way to get round this?

Thanks
Jane

Dr Jane Mabey Gilsenan
Research Associate (Bioinformatics)