[ensembl-dev] Genebuild question - The transcript consensus module

Simon White sw4 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Jun 21 09:30:03 BST 2011

Hi,
BestTargetd is used for filtering overlapping sets of targeted
(species specific) models to select the ones that most closely
resemble the  original protein sequence,
TranscriptConsensus is generally used for comparing models built from
non-species specific evidence with ESTs to select the best supported
models.
  If you are annotating a human genome using human protein / cDNA
then TranscriptConsensus is probably not necessary, just BestTargeted.

Hope that helps,

Simon White