[ensembl-dev] Dev Digest, Vol 13, Issue 34

Steve Moss S.P.Moss at 2007.hull.ac.uk
Fri Jul 29 12:21:16 BST 2011

Hi Gonzalo,

I have done analyses on the UTRs before using this method and if I remember
correctly a start() and end() coordinates method isn't available for the 5'
and 3' UTRs. The way I did this was using the start and end coordinates of
the transcript and the start and end of the coding region respectively.
Obviously taking into account the strand!

e.g.

my $cds_stt = $transcript->coding_region_start;
my $cds_end = $transcript->coding_region_end;

if ($transcript->strand == 1) {
     my $fputr_stt = $transcript->start;
     my $fputr_end = $cds_stt - 1;
}