[ensembl-dev] Port problems with ENSEMBL

Toni Hermoso Pulido toni.hermoso at crg.cat
Wed Feb 9 14:12:08 GMT 2011

I have a local instance of ENSEMBL 58 installed in my machine and I had
to change the ports associated to it from 8080 to 8010.
For this, I modified in conf/SitesDef.pm

$ENSEMBL_PORT           = 8010;
$ENSEMBL_PROXY_PORT     = 8010; # Port used for self-referential URLs:
                                # Set to undef if not using proxy-forwarding

But I still have  Real address:       http://mymachine.example.com:8080
with 8080 port, and since this is occupied by another service, I cannot
start ENSEMBL. Anywhere else I should take a look?

 Server information:

 Ensembl version:    58

 External address:   http://ensembl.mymachine.example.com:8010/
 Real address:       http://mymachine.example.com:8080

 Cache namespace:    http://ensembl.mymachine.example.com:8010

 Server root:        /opt/ensembl

 PID file:           /opt/ensembl/logs/mymachine.example.com.httpd.pid
 Access logs:        /opt/ensembl/logs/mymachine.example.com.access_log
ensembl_extended
 Error logs:         /opt/ensembl/logs/mymachine.example.com.error_log

 CSS file:
http://ensembl.mymachine.example.com:8010/minified/907c237993df81bb039521dd723a4573.css
 JavaScript file:
http://ensembl.mymachine.example.com:8010/minified/08f7ee869757e80a51fb372f5d8dcaae.js

 Plugins installed:  EnsEMBL::Mirror
                     EnsEMBL::Ensembl

(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:8080
(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address
0.0.0.0:8080
Unable to open logs

--
Toni Hermoso Pulido
Bioinformatician

Bioinformatics Core Facility
http://biocore.crg.cat
CRG - Centre de Regulació Genòmica
Parc de Recerca Biomèdica de Barcelona (PRBB)
Doctor Aiguader, 88
08003 Barcelona

toni.hermoso at crg.cat
Phone: +34 93 316 02 02