[ensembl-dev] about seq_region_id in ens_variation for build_35

Pablo Marin-Garcia pg4 at sanger.ac.uk
Sun Feb 6 00:17:22 GMT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to retrieve some snps from human build 35 using direct mysql queries

Basically I am interested in retrieving info from variation_feature table but I
would like to display the chr name not the seq_region_id.

in more recent Ensembl db there is a table seq_region, so you can do queries
like:

select
   vf.variation_id,
   vf.variation_name,
   vf.map_weight,
   sr.name as chr,
   vf.seq_region_start as start
from
   variation_feature vf,
   seq_region sr
where vf.seq_region_id=sr.seq_region_id
and
   vf.variation_name= "rs1059547";'

Which is the equivalent query for the ens_variation releases for build 35
and early b36 without seq_region table in its mysql?

-----

   Pablo Marin-Garcia
   Vertebrate Genomics
   Wellcome Trust Genome Campus