[ensembl-dev] connection lost when trying to get GeneAdaptor

Kenric Leung kl1 at sanger.ac.uk
Mon Dec 12 15:38:07 GMT 2011

Hi,

I'm getting these errors when running my script using ensembl 58:

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: MySQL server has gone away at /software/pubseq/PerlModules/Ensembl/www_58_1/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/DBSQL/GeneAdaptor.pm line 694, <DATA> line 9.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query at /software/pubseq/PerlModules/Ensembl/www_58_1/ensembl/modules/Bio/EnsEMBL/DBSQL/GeneAdaptor.pm line 694, <DATA> line 7

I see there is a new method ->set_reconnect_when_lost() in ensembl 64 but we currenlty can't use the newer version at the moment.  Is there any way to keep the connection alive for v58 whilst the script is running?

Thanks,
Kenric