[ensembl-dev] Ensembl beta site

Simon Brent sb23 at sanger.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 11:02:14 BST 2011

I am pleased to announce the release of an Ensembl beta site
(http://beta.ensembl.org).

The beta site is a copy of Ensembl 62 with no BLAST or BioMart, but with
a number of new web features we'd like to get extensive testing on
before we consider them production ready.

At the moment, these features are as follows:

*	Sortable tracks on images
*	Favourite tracks saved across all configurations
*	Tracks on location based Multi-species and Alignments (image)
views are now configurable on a species by species basis
*	Species selection on Multi-species view is saved
*	New style popup menus on images
*	Configuration panel speed improvements in Internet Explorer

Further details are available at http://beta.ensembl.org/info/beta.html

New features may occasionally be added to the site, so please revisit
from time to time.

There is a feedback button on the right side of the page. Please use
this form to provide bug reports or usability feedback for the new
features only. Any other problems you have should be reported to our
helpdesk in the normal way.

Thanks,

Simon Brent