[ensembl-dev] Inconsistent get_SimpleAlign behaviour ?

Sébastien Moretti sebastien.moretti at unil.ch
Mon Apr 11 11:13:50 BST 2011

Hi

I use get_SimpleAlign function to get multiple sequence alignment from a
gene tree object (e.g. ENSGT00390000003721)

Most of the time get_SimpleAlign returns the sequence with a short fasta
header i.e. only the protein identifier.
This is what I expect (is expected ?).

Sometimes, the behaviour of get_SimpleAlign is inconsistent, it returns
the protein identifier AND some sequence length information:
e.g.  ENSCJAP00000009838/1-575

It should return ENSCJAP00000009838 only.

I have seen that for several families like ENSGT00390000003721.
Do you see something similar ?

I don't know if the inconsistency comes from the ensembl API or from the
BioPerl API I use to write the fasta file.

Regards

--
Sébastien Moretti
Department of Ecology and Evolution,