[ensembl-dev] VariationAdaptor::fetch_all_by_Individual not completely deprecated

Ma, Man Chun John manchunjohn-ma at uiowa.edu
Fri Oct 22 19:26:49 BST 2010

Hi,

I have noticed that CompressedGenotypeAdaptor::fetch_all_by_Individual
has been deprecated as of August 2007
(http://listserver.ebi.ac.uk/mailing-lists-archives/ensembl-dev/msg03196
.html), yet the method VariationAdaptor::fetch_all_by_Individual, which
directly calls CompressedGenotypeAdaptor::fetch_all_by_Individual, still
exists to this day. There is no reason to keep a non-functional method
in Ensembl-Variation, and should be removed.

On the other hand, I have noticed that, probably due to the said
database restructuring, accessing IndividualGenotypes through the
Ensembl API is very slow-- are there any way that I can improve the
speed?

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

John MC Ma