[ensembl-dev] [SPAM] - Re: [SPAM] - Re: Annotation discrepancy - Bayesian Filter detected spam - Email found in subject

ian Longden ianl at ebi.ac.uk
Tue Nov 23 14:19:35 GMT 2010

Hi Gavin,

Some HGNC's may have the external db name of "HGNC_curated_gene"
rather than that of HGNC which is why you cannot find this one. We
realise this might be confusing and we plan to remove this for release
61 and have only HGNC.

In your script you may want to use a regular expression to look for
"^HGNC" instead of looking for the string "HGNC".

-Ian Longden.
Ensembl Developer.