[ensembl-dev] Annotation discrepancy

Oliver, Gavin gavin.oliver at almacgroup.com
Fri Nov 19 11:55:06 GMT 2010

I have a few more examples of discrepancies which will hopefully help.

For all examples, the search was performed on Entrez ID but returned
nothing.  I have looked a bit deeper into a handful of examples.
Details below:

Entrez ID 150000           Associated gene Symbol ABCC13 in database but
with no associated entrez ID

Entrez ID  51275            Associated gene symbol C12orf47 in database
but no associated entrez ID

Entrez ID  55449            Associated gene symbol C14orf167 in database
but no associated entrez ID

Entrez ID  57126            Associated gene symbol CD177 in database
with no associated entrez id

Entrez ID  984               Associated gene symbol CDK11B is not in
database.  CDK11A is in database but is annotated as cyclin-dependent
kinase 11B with entrez id 100294398 which entrez describes as
LOC100294398 (cell division protein kinase 11B-like).

Entrez ID  503646          Neither this ID nor associated gene symbol
DPRXP5 are in the database.

Entrez ID  8857              Associated gene symbol FCGBP (Fc fragment
of IgG binding protein) is there but with Entrez gene ID 100133944 which
corresponds to LOC100133944 IgGFc-binding protein-like.

Entrez ID  8693              Neither this ID nor associated gene symbol
GALNT4 are in the database.

Entrez ID  9026              Gene symbol HIP1R (huntingtin interacting
protein 1 related) is in the database but with entrez ID 100294412 which
corresponds to huntingtin-interacting protein 1-related protein-like

Best,

Gavin