[ensembl-dev] Dev Digest, Vol 5, Issue 18

Steve Moss gawbul at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 14:08:58 GMT 2010

Hi Andreas,

That told me, lol! My apologies, I'm just not used to mailing lists, but I
understand where you are coming from. I also kind of flicked over the
original email and didn't realise that he was a developer assuming just an
end-user of the scripts. Although I suppose that doesn't matter, as help is
help?

You mentioned you edited the IDmapper.pl file to print a statement to
screen, as a debugging measure perhaps, but that the program just executes
without any output what-so-ever and I assume from your email, that it just
hangs? Could you tell me where you placed the print statement, i.e. on what
line? This might help indicate where the program is freezing and possibly
allow a solution to be realised more easily.

If you suspect a proxy issue, then try running proxycfg -u from the command
line to change the proxy settings (you might need to reload the command
prompt afterwards). See this link for more details
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms761351(VS.85).aspx

Cheers,

Steve

--